WJPR Citation New

  All Since 2011
 Citation  2903  2393
 h-index  27  24
 i10-index  68  60

Login

Best Paper Awards

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR) will give best paper award in every issue in the form of money along with certificate to promote research activity of scholar.
            Best Paper Award :
Dr. Muhammad Baqir MR Fakhrildin
Download Article: Click Here

Search

Track Your Article

Abstract

KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDE, PRACTICE OF MANAGEMENT OF DIABETES MELLITUS AMONG POSTGRADUATES IN A TERTIARY CARE HOSPITAL

Dr. Tharangini S. R*, Dr. Vardhamane Shrenik H, Dr. Santosh R Jeevangi,
Dr. Umeshchandra C. H, Dr. Taher Hossain and Dr. Basavaraj C Bidarimath

ABSTRACT

Introduction: Diabetes mellitus is a chronic metabolic disorder associated with significant morbidity and mortality. A KAP (Knowledge, Attitude and Practice) study is a representative study of a specific population to collect information on what is known, believed and done in relation to a particular topic. As Postgraduates form one of the important building blocks of good clinical practice and rational therapeutics, thus they can be pooled in as potential clinicians in management of Diabetes mellitus. Hence, this study was carried out to access the knowledge, Attitude and Practice about management of Diabetes Mellitus among postgraduates. Materials and methods: The study was conducted among postgraduates of M.R.Medical College, Kalaburagi. 100 Post graduate students participated on a voluntary basis. A predesigned and pretested questionnaire was administered. Data obtained was analyzed using MS Excel and SPSS version 16. Results: - In the study over all knowledge on management of Diabetes Mellitus among Postgraduates was 76%. Amongst them 62% had positive attitude towards management of Diabetes mellitus and 38% had negative attitude. 71% of postgraduates have prescribed anti diabetic drugs in their practice and the remaining 29% did not prescribe, the most common reason for not prescribing was not having adequate knowledge about management of Diabetes Mellitus. Conclusion: Postgraduates can be source of accessible Rational Therapeutics. This study shows that postgraduates have satisfactory knowledge about management of Diabetes Mellitus and there is a wide gap between the knowledge and management. There is a need to bring in awareness among the postgraduates and also to update their knowledge so as to have a rational therapeutics of Diabetes mellitus.

Keywords: KAP, Diabetes, Postgraduates.


[Full Text Article]

Call for Paper

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Email & SMS Alert

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Article Statistics

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Online Submission

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More