WJPR Citation New

  All Since 2011
 Citation  2903  2393
 h-index  27  24
 i10-index  68  60

Login

Best Paper Awards

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR) will give best paper award in every issue in the form of money along with certificate to promote research activity of scholar.
            Best Paper Award :
Dr. Muhammad Baqir MR Fakhrildin
Download Article: Click Here

Search

Track Your Article

Abstract

CHARACTERIZATION OF VIRULENCE FACTORS OF STAPHYLOCOCUS SAPROPHYTICUS ISOLATED FROM WOMEN WITH CYSTITIS

Farah A. Al-Waeely*, Jawad Kadhim AL-khafaji and Zainab Hmood Al-Saadi

ABSTRACT

The study included isolation and identification of uropathogenic Staphylococcus saprophyticus which responsible for cystitis occurrence in young women. A total of 140 mid stream urine sample were taken from women suffering from urinary tract infection that attended to the Hilla general teaching hospital during a period from November 2014 to February 2015. The patients age ranged from 16 to 55 years. Only 14 isolates were identified as Staphylococcus saprophyticus which have been diagnosed by using selective medium, biochemical tests and by using molecular assays. Molecular detection of Ubiquitous uro-adherence factor A was done by using specific PCR primer. This marker was shown to be present in all isolates of this bacterium, while the molecular detection of the capsular polysaccharides gene capD has shown that only one isolate (7%) has this gene and gave positive result for this primer. Moreover, Autolysin-adhesin surface protein Aas was also detected in S.saprophyticus. It was shown that all isolates 14(100%) gave positive result for this gene. The collagen binding protein gene sdrI was also investigated in this bacteria and this study has shown that only one isolate possess this gene.In addition to that, the surface associated protein gene of S.saprophyticus Ssp was detected in this study by using specific primer in 12(85%) of isolates, this gene is responsible for lipase encoding. Some virulence factors were studied by phenotypic method in S.saprophyticus isolates. The capsule was present in only one isolate out of 14 whereas the other 13 isolates in this study did not possess the capsule. Colonization factor antigens were also detected in all isolates. It was found that 13(92%) of isolates had CFAI, while 1(7%) of them had CFAII and 3(21%) had the ability to produce CFAIII. The results also showed that all isolates of S. saprophyticus did not produce hemolysin, while all isolates were able to produce urease enzyme.Extracellular protease were also investigated. It was found that 2(14%) of this bacterium were able to produce extracellular protease, whereas the other (86%) didn’t have the ability to produce this enzyme. The ability of S.saprophyticus to produce lipases was identified and the results showed that 4(28%) of S.saprophyticus were able to produce lipase enzyme. Also the investigation of bacteriocin production in S.saprophyticus revealed that the isolates had shown different results for this test against different types of bacteria that include (E.coli or P.auroginosa, S.epidermidis, S. penumoniae, and Klebsiella) but no one of them had bacteriocin against each of E.coli and P.auroginosa, while 4( 28%) of them had produced bacteriocin against Klebsilla and 5(35%) of the isolates had bacteriocin against S.epidermidis while 1(7%) against S .pneumoniae.

Keywords: S. saprophyticus, cystitis, PCR, virulence factors.


[Full Text Article]

Call for Paper

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Email & SMS Alert

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Article Statistics

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Online Submission

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More